Send payslips and P60s by email
You can use Sage Micropay to send payslips and P60s to your employees by email. You can specify which employees have agreed to receive documents electronically, and also set up a password to protect the emailed documents.
Activate the Use Email Feature
1. On the menu bar, click Company/Payroll then click Company Details.
2. Click the Email tab.
3. Select the Use Email Feature check box.
4. If required, complete the following information:
Show Message Before Sending Payslip/P60 All payslip and P60 emails use the same default message. If you want to preview or personalise each of your employee’s payslip or P60 emails before sending them, select this check box.
Request Read Receipt If you want to receive notification when the e-mail is received and opened, select this check box.
PDF Password If you want, you can type a master password. This allows you to open email and PDF payslips generated from Sage Micropay without having to enter the employee’s PIN password.
This password is for security and protection only, so the wrong person can’t view the payslips. It will not prevent someone from editing a PDF payslip if they have a PDF writing software.
5. Click OK.
Set up your employees to receive email payslips and P60s
1. On the menu bar, click Processing then click Employee Details.
2. Next to the Surname box, click browse and click the relevant employee.
3. Under Contact Details, enter the employee’s email address.
4. Click the Pay / YTD tab.
5. Under Pay/Misc, select the Email Payslips and P60s check box.
6. In the PIN box, edit the code if required.
Before an employee can open their email payslips or P60s, they must enter their pin code. For security purposes, this code should be different for each employee and can be up to a maximum of nine characters in length.
7. To email the pin code to this employee, click Email PIN.
Send payslips by email
1. On the menu bar, click Reports then click Payroll Reports.
2. Click the Employee tab.
3. Under List, click Email Payslip.
4. Click eMail.
5. To change the language the payslips generate in, click either In English or As Gaeilge.
If you want to, you can edit the default message that appears in the Accompanying e-mail window.
6. Click Generate Payslips.
7. If a Microsoft Outlook message appears, click Allow. To stop this message from appearing in future, please contact Microsoft Outlook support.
When the emailing process is complete, a confirmation window appears.
8. Click OK, then click Cancel.
Send P60s by email
Before generating your employees’ P60s, you must process the final pay periods of the current tax year. You should also print the Earnings Tax & PRSI (ETP) report for each of your employees, and check their year to date values are correct.
1. Check the payroll status at the bottom of your Micropay window is End Of Period (EOP).
If it’s not, on the menu bar, click Processing then click End Of Period and OK.
2. On the menu bar, click Year End, point to Tax, then click Tax Year End Reports.
3. Under P60 Plain Paper, select either In English or As Gaeilge.
4. Click eMail.
5. If prompted and applicable, select the following check boxes then click OK:
- Include applicable PRD60s – If any of your employees pay pension related deduction (PRD), select this check box.
- Include employees who were not paid this year – To email blank P60s to your directors or any active employees who weren’t paid this year (due to long term absence), select this check box.
6. If a Microsoft Outlook message appears, click Allow. To stop this message from appearing in future, you must contact Microsoft Outlook support.
When the emailing process is complete, a confirmation window appears. To close it, click OK.
7. To close Tax Year End Reports window in Micropay, click Cancel.
8. Open Microsoft Outlook and check:
- The Sent Items folder – If the P60s have already sent, they appear here.
- The Outbox folder – If the P60s are awaiting release from your email provider, they appear here.
The subject title on the emails is ‘Your P60 for 2017’.